The San Francisco Bay Area is the epicenter for the technological innovation of software, hardware, cybersecurity, virtual reality, Apps, augmented reality, and video games. While there is no special certification to be a “technology attorney” or a “technology law firm,” there are certainly lawyers who, like us, love technology and who primarily work with technology companies.
The high-tech innovation that grew out of Silicon Valley is now a global business. Our attorneys at Putnam Gordon, P.C. work with technology companies both in the Bay Area and beyond in the software, hardware, cybersecurity, virtual reality, App, augmented reality, and video game spaces. Our firm has the experience and expertise to serve as a trusted partner with you. As each situation is unique, email us or call 415-986-7200 for a free consultation.
San Francisco Technology Attorneys:VR /AR, Software, Video Games, Hardware & Apps
Here are some areas in which our law firm can help your technology company get things pointed in the right direction:
- Intellectual Property (“IP”) is the heart and soul of technology companies. Make sure you have full ownership and control of your IP portfolio of patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and copyrights.
- Licenses memorialize critical relationships in the technology space. These can be inbound and/or outbound. Without the right licenses, you cannot get your product off the ground or to market.
- Employment issues are something that all technology companies face. It is critical to have the right agreements in place so that IP does not walk out the door and/or employees or the government does not subject you to company-killing litigation.
- Equity compensation is only one component of how employees and consultants expect to be compensated. Legally getting equity compensation in place requires strategic planning, the right agreements, and the right corporate approvals.
- Mergers and Acquisitions are a means by which technology companies can grow or exit.
In summary, whether you have a software, hardware, cybersecurity, virtual reality, augmented reality, App or video game company contact one of our San Francisco technology attorneys today.